Lassen Volcanic National Parks Plans Ski Celebration Weekend
Lassen Volcanic NationalPark Celebrates President Day Weekend with Free Ski Celebration Event
Lassen Ca – Celebrate winter sports at Lassen Volcanic National Park. Share stories over a cup of coffee or bowl of chili at an outdoor fire pit and enjoy ski films in the auditorium. Park entrance is free in celebration of Presidents’ Day.
Date & Time 02/20/2017 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM Fee Information Free
Fee Information: Free
10:30 am & 1:00 pm | The Unrideables: Alaska Range | 45 min
Screening courtesy of Red Bull Media House
Barely a decade old, speed riding is a high-speed, high-stakes
mountain sport that fuses elements of skiing and parachute flight.
This hybrid approach to the alpine gives its intrepid practitioners
access to terrain that would otherwise be inaccessible. Some
scenes in this film may not be appropriate for young viewers.
Additional Lassen News:
2017 Fee Free Days – Celebrate Presidents’ Day with free entrance to all NPS sites.
- January 16, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 20, Presidents’ Day
- April 15 – 16 & 22-23, National Park Week Weekends
- August 25, National Park Service Birthday
- September 30, National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12, Veterans’ Day Weekend
Ranger-led Snowshoe Walks
Saturdays and Sundays January 7 through April 2, 2017
Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center | 1:30 – 3:30 pm
- The location is at the park’s southwest entrance off of Hwy 36.
- There are no ranger-led walks at the park’s northwest entrance.
- Snowshoes are provided, a $1 donation is requested to cover maintenance costs.
- Organized groups or groups larger than 10 planning on attending a regularly scheduled walk must schedule a ranger-led snowshoe walk outside of regularly scheduled walks.
- Space is limited to 40 people per program.
- A ticket must be obtained in person the day of in order to attend the walk.
- Walks are open to those eight years of age and older; children in carriers are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Snowshoes are only provided for the ranger-led activity, the park does not rent snowshoes or other winter equipment.