Northstar Resort – Summer Activities
NORTHSTAR RESORT FAMILY SUMMER RESORT ACTIVITES
Northstar California is a perfect home-base for Lake Tahoe adventures with the whole family. With activities suited for all ages, there’s something to keep everyone entertained all summer long.
- Most extensive lift-served Mountain Bike Park in Northern California – Northstar California has everything you need for summer mountain and road biking adventures. From beginner to advanced cross country and downhill mountain biking trails, lift access, bike rentals and bike shop services, you can find it here.
- 18-Hole, par 72 Golf Course offering the best value and earliest twilight rates in North Lake Tahoe – Designed by Robert Muir Graves, Northstar California’s 18-hole, par-72 golf course incorporates Tahoe’s mountainous landscapes with Martis Valley’s open meadow into two distinct 9-hole settings that will both challenge a golfer’s skills and appeal to his and her senses. The result is a vibrant and exciting golf course, whose features create a challenging flow that seamlessly moves in and over the natural terrain.
- Fly fishing, -Nestled in Northstar’s mountainside, Sawmill Lake is a private secluded 10-acre reservoir stocked with hundreds of bright, fighting rainbow trout. Reserved for catch-and-release fly fishing only, Sawmill is the perfect lake for guided float tubing or shoreline stalking.
- Tennis lessons -Nestled in the heart of the mountains, the Northstar Property Owners Association Tennis Center offers 10 cushioned hard courts in a beautiful, serene setting. Guests are welcome to brush up on their skills, take classes and clinics, compete in tournaments or just play for fun.
- Lift-served hiking and sightseeing – Enjoy the sights and smells of nature while discovering the flora and fauna on Northstar California ’s mountain. Nature hikes at Northstar can be as advanced or as leisurely as you make them. Scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking are offered throughout the season at Northstar. Brush shoulders with old growth red fir and white pines or enjoy beautiful views of Lake Tahoe. Leashed dogs are welcome on several chair lifts and all hiking trails.
- 9,000-square-foot outdoor skating rink
- Geocaching Adventure (GPS based treasure hunt) on mountain when the Bike and Hike Park is open
- Signature special and weekly events including live music performances
- Village at Northstar™ featuring unique shops and restaurants, bars, grocers, two movie theaters and WiFi Internet access
- Apex Bungy Trampoline and Ropes Challenge – The popular year-round bungee trampoline features a safe, fun and challenging activity that allows kids and adults let go of their limitations and fly into the sky! All ages welcome; jumpers must weigh between 40 – 200 pounds. Open as weather and conditions permit.
- Experiential opportunities including candle, mosaic, teddy bear making, pottery painting and jewelry design
- Full service bike shop offering rentals, retail sales and servicing
- Recreation Center featuring (limited to Northstar Resort lodging guests) 10 outdoor tennis courts, fitness center, three swimming pools (Jr. Olympic, Lap and Kiddie Pool), arcade, spas and sauna, massage (by appointment)