Plumas County Events Canceled because of Lack of Snow
Plumas County CA, February 2015- Casualties of this winters lack lusted snow fall are three fun events that were scheduled for this weekend in the Northern Sierra Mountain communities (Complete List)
- The Plumas Ski club Longboard Races have been canceled do to lack of snow pack.
- The Eastern Plumas WinterFest CANCELED due to lack of snow. For information: 836-1420 Mon – Fri, 832-0270 Sat – Sun.
- In Johnsville the Lost Sierra Snowshoe Races were canceled for this weekend. This was to be the USSSA State Snowshoe championship Race.
- The 2nd Annual Snowshoe Thompson Relay also canceled.
Events that are still on over the weekend in The Northern Sierra include:
- Lassen Volcanic National Park is offering for visitors age eight and older, ranger-led snowshoe walks are offered on Saturdays and Sundays through April 5. Meet at the Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor Center at 1:30 p.m.for a 1 ½ to 2 hour walk through Lassen Volcanic’s awe-inspiring landscape. Also Monday is National Free day at the parks in Celebration of Presidents Day.
- The Lake Almanor Snowmobile Club is hosting a Presidents Weekend Poker Run. Annual Presidents Day Poker Run; registration 8 a.m., ride 9 a.m. Lake Almanor Snowmobile Club presents ride snow permitting. $25 admission includes ride, poker hand, lunch. For information, applications: Tom, 375-7781; Kathy, 596-4354.