Pinecrest Lake Campgrounds Open for the First Weekend of Fishing Season.
— StanislausForest (@Stanislaus_NF) April 22, 2016
Pinecrest Recreation Area is located at Pinecrest Lake, a 300-acre lake owned and operated by Pacific, Gas and Electric Company. It is located 30 miles east of Sonora on State Highway 108. The Recreation Area lies in a timbered setting at an elevation of 5,600 feet. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife regularly stocks Pinecrest Lake with rainbow trout. Groceries and other services are available at the Pinecrest commercial center. Recreational opportunities available at the Pinecrest Recreation Area include:
- Three hundred campsites with tables, grills, flush toilets and potable water in two campgrounds (Pinecrest Campground and Meadowview Campground)
- Three group campsites with tables, grills, fireplaces, vault toilets and potable water in 1 group campground (Pioneer Trail Group Campground)
- Day Use Sites: Pinecrest Boat Launch; 50 picnic sites with grills, flush toilets and potable water in one picnic area (Pinecrest); Designated swimming area.
- Fishing: Accessible fishing pier and boat launch available.
- Hiking: Pinecrest National Recreation Trail, a 4 mile hiking trail around the lake; paved pathways connecting points of interest. In winter, the Pinecrest
Lake and Pond Fishing
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife regularly stocks Pinecrest Lake with rainbow trout. Groceries and other services are available nearby at the Pinecrest commercial center. In addition to the campgrounds shown above, Forest Service developed recreation facilities include:
- Pinecrest Boat Launch
- Fifty picnic sites with grills, flush toilets and potable water in 1 picnic area (Pinecrest)
- Designated swim area (no dogs permitted in swim area)
- Accessible fishing pier
— StanislausForest (@Stanislaus_NF) April 14, 2016
Pinecrest Lake is a very popular Sierra Recreational Location. AS of this Post Sonora Pass is not open all the way through so if coming from the east this is a long trip around. However from Sacramento region Pinecrest is a great day trip.
for more information of the Campsites in the Pinecrest Recreational Area. Check out this resource from Dodge Ridge: http://www.dodgeridge.com/mountain-info/campgrounds/
Sierra REC Magazine is dedicated to sharing the events, news and adventure opportunities that exist in The Sierra Mountains. From Lassen Volcanic National Park to the North down through the Central Sierra and the Lake Tahoe Basin through the rugged eastern slopes of the Mono county and Yosemite National park to the southern tips near Sequoia National Park and the PCT trail. We invite you to share stories, trips and photos from your adventures in the Sierra. Please join us on Facebook, Twitter Google + and You-Tube or email us your events and photos at email@example.com #goexplore