Tenaya Lodge is an AAA Four-Diamond rated luxury mountain resort located on 48 acres bordering the Sierra National Forest. The Lodge is nestled at an elevation of 5,288 feet, offering a spectacular view of the surrounding Sierra from any viewpoint.
Tenaya Lodge is located in the southern heart of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, two miles from the south entrance to Yosemite National Park along Highway 41. Tenaya Lodge is 48 miles from Fresno, 3.5 hours from the San Francisco Bay Area, and 4.5 hours from the Greater Los Angeles area.
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite owes its name to legendary Chief Tenaya of the Southern Sierra Miwok or “Ahwahneechee” people (“Yosemite” is derived from the Ahwahneechee word for grizzly bear). Tenaya was raised among his mother’s people, the Mono Lake Paiutes, in the early 19th century; his father was descended from Ahwahneechee chiefs who were among the first humans to live in the Yosemite Valley.
240 guestrooms and suites in the main lodge, all renovated in 2016
Tenaya’s guestrooms create a warm atmosphere with earth-toned wall coverings, wood trim, rustic artworks, barn-inspired doors, plantation-style window shutters, plush carpet, warm lighting, and large overstuffed chairs dressed in native fabrics. The rooms are perfect for relaxing after a long day on the trail or following a full day of meetings. All guestrooms provide views of the beautiful pine covered Sierra National Forest.
- Deluxe Room – Deluxe rooms feature either one king bed or two oversized double beds. These rooms are over 350 square feet. Each deluxe room includes a full bath, individual room climate control, and a spacious, functional work desk with a computer data port nearby.
- Extended Double Deluxe Room – This room is perfect for families that are looking for additional living space. With all the features and amenities of our Deluxe, the Extended Double offers 75 additional square feet, a pull-out sofa bed and a private balcony.
- Junior Room – for guests looking for an affordable upgrade from the Deluxe Room, the Junior Room offers just that. The Junior Room features all the amenities of our Deluxe Room, a king bed, additional living space and a seating area with a pull-out sofa bed and coffee table.
- Spa Room – This room is perfect for a romantic getaway or when celebrating a special occasion. In addition to all the features of the Deluxe Room, the Spa Room offers 550 square feet of living space. This room includes a private balcony, full wet bar with refrigerator, seating area with a pull-out sofa bed and coffee table, an extra-large bath area with a whirlpool tub separate from the shower.
- Deluxe Suites – This suite is comprised of two rooms. The living room area features a full wet bar with refrigerator, a seating area with a pull-out sofa bed, overstuffed chairs and coffee table. An additional dining table for four completes this wonderful room. The private bedroom area offers a standard bath area, king bed, second armoire with television and an overstuffed lounge chair. This room is perfect for entertaining other guests during their stay.
- Luxury Suites – 850 square feet of classic mountain luxury. The living room area features a large dining/board room table that will seat eight people, a pull-out sofa bed and a private balcony. The bedroom area has a second private balcony, a king bed, armoire with second television, walk-in closet and separate vanity/dressing area. This suite also features an extra-large bath area with a whirlpool tub separate from the shower.
- Garden and Contemporary Suites: Tenaya’s Garden and Contemporary Suites redefine Yosemite luxury with a modern look and mountain feel. These deluxe suites designed by San Francisco’s famed Puccini Group, are located on an adult-only floor with a private, ground-floor entrance (they are also fully accessible by elevator through the main lodge). Contemporary Suites are 850 square feet; Garden Suites are 550 square feet. Both feature a refined alpine motif with clean, modern design and mountain features such as fireplaces and exclusive Yosemite art. They also include a separate living area, hardwood flooring with area rugs, free-standing soaking tub and rain shower.
- Cottage Room – Nestled among towering Sugar Pines and Incense Cedars just a short walk to the main lodge, the Cottages provide a unique, secluded escape. Lower cottages feature either one king bed or two queen beds and are over 335 square feet. The upper cottage suites feature one queen bed in a separate bedroom and one king bed in the main room and are over 490 square feet. These rooms include a full bath, a fireplace with individual climate control, a work desk and patio or balcony.
- “NEW” Explorer Cabins – The 50 stand-alone, two-bedroom Explorer Cabins are nestled within a forest of sugar pines and incense cedars and surrounded by nature trails. Part of a $25 million investment to enhance the resort’s lodging, dining and recreation options in 2019, the cabins offer families and groups of friends spacious, relaxed and well-appointed accommodations that are intimately connected to the adventure and captivating natural beauty of the Yosemite-Sierra region.
- 24-Hour Security
- Complimentary Fitness Center
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- Dry Cleaning Service
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Gift Shop
- 100% Non-Smoking Guestrooms
- Kids Adventure Club
- EV Charging Stations, including eight Tesla Superchargers
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is a dog-friendly resort – one of the first to recognize that vacations
are better with man’s best friend along for the ride. This “best in show” lodge offers a robust welcome with a long list of tail-wagging amenities including house made doggie treats and plush pet beds. In fact, Tenaya Lodge is the West’s Best Pet-Friendly Resort, according to the Sunset Magazine Travel Awards. Dogs are welcome at outdoor dining venues and pet-sitting and kennel services are available.
The LEED Silver Certified Ascent Spa at Tenaya Lodge melds the healing powers of local flora with indulgent treatments that relax, rejuvenate and top off the adventure of a lifetime. Ascent Spa’s 10,000 square feet of facilities evoke peace and inspire relaxation and overall health. Facilities include luxe relaxation rooms, 12 private treatment rooms including two that can accommodate couples, men’s and women’s dry sauna and steam room, and a spa boutique. Guests can indulge in an array of massages, facials, body treatments and nail services. For those who want to stay in shape, the spa also houses a state-of-the art gym, featuring strength training equipment and 11 cardio stations. Yoga classes are offered during summer months.
- Guided Hikes
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Kid’s Adventure Club
- Cross Country Skiing
- Outdoor Kid Pool?
- 18-Meter Indoor Pool (Complete with underwater music)?
- 18-Meter Outdoor Pool (Complete with underwater music)
- 3 Hot Tubs- two indoor and one outdoor?
- Saunas and Steam Rooms for Men and Women
Area Recreation/Nearby Activities:
- Day Bus Tours?
- Steam Train ride
- River Rafting?
- Bass Lake- Water Ski
- Horseback Riding
- Wine/Beer Tasting
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is the most comprehensive meeting and conference center in the High Sierra. The only full-service conference facility in the Yosemite region, Tenaya Lodge will professionally execute every detail for events including conferences, board retreats, executive retreats, themed events and celebrations. With 9,000 square feet of interior space including ten banquet rooms, Tenaya can easily accommodate from 10 to 500 guests. The elegant Grand Ballroom features floor to ceiling windows with a breathtaking view of the Sierra National Forest. The resort also features 6,000 square feet of outdoor meeting space, including our Outdoor Pavilion and Grand Terrace. ?
At a glance:?
- 15,000 square feet of meeting space ?
- 10,000 square foot Ball Room ?
- 14 Interior Meeting Rooms
- 3,000 square foot outdoor pavilion ?
- 3,000 square foot outdoor terrace ?
- 4,500 square feet of pre-function space ?
- Large elegant foyer ?
- Business Center in meeting foyer ?
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Group Activities and Teambuilding
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite features five restaurants.
- Embers: This is the venue for upscale Yosemite dining featuring Sierra Alpine cuisine prepared to perfection by Tenaya’s award-winning culinary team led by Executive Chef Frederick Clabaugh, CCC. With an ambiance that is sophisticated and romantic, Embers offers an intimate dinner experience with a crackling, double-sided fireplace as the centerpiece, elegant high-back crimson chairs and personal candlelit service.
- Sierra Restaurant: Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in this elegantly appointed dining room just off the main lobby of the hotel. Guests can also choose to dine under the stars during the summer months on the outdoor dining patio. The Sierra Restaurant offers locally grown, sustainable and organic menu items, prepared by Tenaya’s seasoned culinary experts. The Sierra Restaurant also offers daily breakfasts options including an expansive buffet.
- Jackalopes Bar and Grill: Features casual fare including hamburgers, hot sandwiches, pasta, salads, nachos and more. The massive bar was built from more than 3,000 pieces of wood and designed by acclaimed local artist Sal Maccarone. Jackalopes serves up a variety of mountain inspired drinks and cocktails, including the Tenaya Red IPA, a craft beer brewed exclusively for the resort by nearby South Gate Brewing Company.
- Timberloft Pizzeria: Located at the Cottages just steps away from the main resort, the pizzeria offers brick-oven pizzas, pasta and other Italian favorites. Timberloft is a delicious family-friendly option.
- The Parkside Deli: With turn of the century décor highlighting the logging, railroad and gold rush history of the area, Parkside Deli features grab and go, light fare. Featured menu items are bagels, muffins, juices, and specialty gourmet coffee drinks for healthy start breakfasts, a variety of packaged snacks and picnic lunches, which include a hearty sandwich of your choice, chips, fruit and a big cookie for dessert. Old-fashioned chocolate milkshakes are a specialty of the house.
- Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias ?
- Pioneer History Visitor’s Center ?
- Glacier Point ?
- Half Dome ?
- Yosemite Falls ?
- Tuolumne Meadows
- Tenaya Lake ?
- Inspiration Point ?
- Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad ?
- Lewis Creek National Recreational Trail ?
- Children’s Museum of the Sierras ?
- Bass Lake ?
Tenaya Lodge recommends two nearby golf courses:
- Wawona Golf Course – Located in Yosemite National Park near the Wawona Hotel featuring a 9-Hole golf course.
- Sierra Meadows Country Club Golf Course – Located in Oakhurst features an 18-Hole golf course.
Awards & Accolades:
- SpaFinder Wellness, 2016, Best for Families, Best Outdoor Adventure & Activities
- Sunset Travel Awards, 2016, A Best Resort for Families in the West & Best Resort for Pets in the West
- Trip Advisor, 2016, Family Vacation Critic Favorite & Certificate of Excellence
- Successful Meetings, 2016, Pinnacle Award Winner- Best Onsite Support Staff
All images courtesy of DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite, Inc. for Media Use.